Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Afternoon Fun

Although my day has been a little frustrating as the project I am trying to work on has not been cooperating.  It was brightened by the little people in the house and their great father.  Ashlyn has discovered she loves to cut paper into very small pieces.  Yesterday I had to run a quick errand took the scissors away from her as I would not be here to supervise, she got the scissors down again and I found her quietly cutting paper when I got home.  Today her and her brother (after I called it snow) were both cutting up a storm.  It is such a mess but I am learning to smile and enjoy the messes and the creativity that goes into making those messes. 

Sean has been sick for the last 24 hours with the stomach flu. I finally talked him into coming out of his cave for a little bit and join in the fun.  He came out, sat on the couch.  Ashlyn grabbed the hairdo container that has clips, elastics etc.  took it over but it on the couch next to her dad got a comb and told Sean to sit up so she could do his hair.  Keep in mind I buzz his head every 6 weeks.  Sean was a good sport though and sat thru a half hour of torture while Ashlyn tried really hard to make the clips stay.




I realized that it really is the simple things that make us happy, even though they are messy at times.

1 comment:

Amanda Wells said...

Here's a little tip for Ashlyn it looks like she might have more luck getting the clips to stay in Sean's back hair than on his head. LOL!!! Have fun creating snow I'm sure the real stuff is not too far away, love and miss you all...