This weekend despite Sean being at work all weekend long, was fantastic. Full of fun, friends and lots of laughter. Not only that Sean was getting paid time and a half all weekend since he was up to 60 hours by the end of the week.
On Friday after spin class Margel and I walked the track for almost an hour Tera joined us after she stretched with Jenni. We talked about everything and just got to know each other better. It was tons of fun. Later that night I went over to the Amsbury's (Tera) for no kids game night. Tera's daughter Faith watched Stew and Ash for me and they were so excited for her to come. Game night was a blast!!! Thanks to the Jacob's (Jenni & David), the Noel's (Jaymie & Mark), and of course our hosts the Amsbury's (Tera & David). We are all new to the area since July and all of them are doctors at Trinity. We played Loaded Questions and had a blast telling stories and laughing like rolling on the floor ready to pee my pants laughter. It was great.
Saturday morning came all to early after such a fun night. But me and the kids kind of got the house clean, a bit of challenge to stay quiet while cleaning the house then we went to the MSU homecoming parade. The kids loved it there was a lot of candy. Very much a small town parade. They had the marching bands from a couple of middle schools, the high schools in town and of course MSU (Minot State University) there were even baton twirlers, I can't remember the last time I saw a baton twirler in front of the marching band. Kind of cool to see again. We then ran to Wally world and picked up a few things came home to attempt to take naps. Ashlyn took a nap but that was it. Sean of course was sleeping this whole time. So me and Stew set up his GeoTrax something he has been asking me to do since we got settle. The kids were in heaven, they will sit and play with that for a couple hours at a time. During all this Ashlyn had on big girl panties and no accidents YEAH!!! Saturday night was Women's conference and Faith came and watched the kids again she is really good with them, but you would kind of expect that as she is the oldest of 5. Tera picked me up again so that after she could pick up Faith and take her home. We had Dinner which was yummy and then visited until the conference was supposed to start. After moving into the chapel we discovered that there was no sound so we could watch the conference but not hear the conference. Jenni, Jaymie, Tera, Molly, Brittany and I continued to visit it was a lot of fun, bonding and of course laughter. It is great to have friends that I am comfortable around. It was great to feel the sisterhood as well. I still have not heard the broadcast but plan of watching it tomorrow during Ashlyn's nap.
Today was a good day but I have been tired most of the day. We got home from church and I almost fell asleep on the couch before getting the kids anything for lunch. Then went and laid down with Ashlyn I slept but she wouldn't I don't know if it was because she didn't have a pull up on or what. Yep I still have her in pull ups at night and naps just in case. Normally they are dry but after today I will continue until she is ready to go without. Both kids were super tired and cranky but would not take a nap. Right after I put Ash to bed tonight the police and fire engine go racing down the street with their sirens going. I walked out on the deck and there was a car on fire a couple blocks down the road. Heavenly Father heard my prayers, helping Ash to sleep despite the noise. So here we are at the end of the day and they are both peacefully sleeping. I think I will go and join them only in my bed.
1 comment:
We did have tons of fun that weekend didn't we?! Thanks for joining us!
Post a Comment