Thursday, September 22, 2011

The joys of potty training.

Yep that's right I am finally allowing Ashlyn to use the potty.  She has been asking off and on since she was about 2 but I was not ready.  For the past couple of weeks though we have been letting her run around the house with no bottoms on.  The first day she had several accidents in the morning but only a handful since.  When we venture out I usually put a pull-up on her but Monday evening I decided no accidents during the day she was dry after her nap we would try it.  I had a store to go to and then Stew was running in the elementary cross country races.  These races are a lot of fun and it feels like a ward FHE because there are several families from the wards there.  Joe who I met my first weekend here while cleaning out a house was there with his little boy who is the same age as Stew.  So he offered to let Stew run with him and his boy which was good.  Stew came in 27 for his race and I have not seen the sheet that tells me what his time was but the course was 1000m a good long distance for little kids. 

So back to the potty training after his race since Sean was not home, I was chatting with a couple of the other moms and the kids were playing with the other kids there, we didn't leave right away.  After an hour Ash comes up to me and says I spilled.  I was taken back and started looking for what she spilled, (this is not the first time she has told me she spilled, meaning she peed her pants) I finally realized what she was saying and that pretty much ended our night at the races.  It was drizzling the whole time that we were there she was kind of wet anyway.   Tuesday & Wednesday Ashlyn was with Sean.  Today I took her to the gym in her underwear though and she did it she went to the potty when she needed to and there have been no accidents as of yet.  Now to keep her dry during naps and nights.  I think she has the hang of it. But I love the fact and it just cracks me up that when she does have an accident she says Mommy I spill.  She is truly a ray of sunshine.

1 comment:

Amanda Wells said...

I'm super jealous I know Brody is only 2, but I am determined to get him potty trained before Nov. Way to go Ash! Love and miss you guys!!!