Monday, September 19, 2011

August trip to Utah Amy n Kids

I told you this was coming and finally it is here.   I am taking full advantage of this time as both kids are sound asleep.  We were supposed to be at the library watching Rio but sleep is much more important. 
After living in the basement of the Knutson's for a month and still not knowing when we would be able to start living in our apartment.  I decided that me and the kids needed a little vacation, back to Utah.  Not only did we need a little vacation but I needed to pick up some things that didn't make it to Minot nothing too important but things that we needed ie the title to our new/old car.  With school being pushed out a couple more weeks we had the opportune time to go.  We left on Thursday August the 18th with packed car of stuff we were taking back to Utah that we didn't need right away.  We stayed the night in Bozeman, MT and continued on to UT arriving there around 5pm just in time to go watch Jaxson and Kaden play soccer.
Stew on the drive to Utah

Silver Lake
 On Saturday was my grandparents mystery dinner so I got to see a lot of family and visit with them.  It was great to see Andre', Becky and their kids as we don't get to see them that often since they live in PA.  I guess you could say we are the rebels in the family being the only 2 who do not call UT home.  Then on Sunday after church which was the first full set of meetings we had been to since we left a month earlier.  We went to Silver Lake a summer tradition of our little family.  Sean loves Silver lake and although we missed him I felt it was something that was important to still do.
Why we love Silver Lake

Moose at Silver Lake

Ash loves her Grandparents

Silver Lake w Reeves


Look mom I found an egg

Brody and Ash on Jesse

Kayci, Stew and Tyler

Yep I even went for a ride

The kids new favorite toy.  Thanks Grandpa Martin

Talon and Ash playing in the secret Garden

Stew, Talon and Ash chillin' out

Coming back from the field and Garden

Stew & Ash Saying goodbye to Maddie

Ash on the drive home



























Monday I spent most of the day running errands picking up misc stuff and then met Brad for dinner which was nice to sit and visit with him and Karen while the kids were running around playing.  Tuesday was packed full of fun.  It started out with Mandy, Lisa and kids coming down to ride horses something Ashlyn was asking to do since we got there.  Followed by our annual trip to Thanksgiving Point with Heather and Talon.  It was a nice day and the kids just ran around and played while we talked.  When I got home from Thanksgiving point Sean had flowers waiting for me as it was our 8th Anniversary and the first we have not been together.  That evening I took Stew to his friends/2nd cousins birthday party.  Then on Wednesday we started to get things packed up visited some more with family and the kids got to play with more of their cousins.  That evening I got to visit with Ryan and Natalie while Stew and Ash played with their cousins.





Mesa Falls

Stew being a good big brother

Best of friends
 Thursday came and we loaded in the car again and started the drive back home stopping again in Bozeman, even though Billings is closer to half way.  On the way home though we stopped at Mesa Falls just outside Island Park, ID and walked around.  We were fortunate that we never actually saw the rattlesnake that we could here in the bushes off the trail.  The kids had fun and were great travelers.  It helped them and me to stop midway they loved the swimming pool in both hotels but the second hotel we stayed in was C'mon Inn where they had a waterfall and stream running through the center of the hotel and a pond with fish in it .  This was their favorite because of the fish.

No comments: