Wednesday, August 3, 2011

ND Nighttime fun 2011

In front of the SWAT truck

Enjoying the Petting Zoo at National Night Out
Rural fire Truck
Minot celebrated National Night Out yesterday the 2nd.  We decided to go to give the kids a night out of the house.  They got to go into the SWAT truck, climb through a hummer, see the robot used by the bomb squad, along with many other public service vehicles.  We ate red hot dogs from Target.  The kids got backpacks from just say NO to drugs.  Boo was so excited she put the backpack on and didn't want to take it off.  Although the line for the bouncy rides was way to long, we were able to let the kids go to the petting zoo where they got to pet miniature ponies, goats, bunnies, chickens and ducks.  As the kids were going in Sean pointed to one of the chickens and said that is the chicken I want (there is a picture of it at the bottom).  Sir was able to shake Mr. McGruff's hand as well a new experience for him.

A week ago I had let Maddie out to go potty it was late and the garage door was open and she almost came back once then caught sight of another cat and was off again.  It took at least an hour to get her back in, in fact I almost left her out but she finally came back.  But while I was out there I kept hearing what sounded like footsteps of another animal when I finally got a flashlight I realized it wasn't footsteps but frogs hopping on the road.  I told Sir about this, so of course he wanted to go see the frogs we had seen a few here and there during the day.
Then on Monday we were up a little later and so we went frog
Boo with her backpack
hunting Sir, Boo and Princess S.  It was a lot of fun Scott got a bucket and poked holes in the lid we found some rocks, a log and picked some grass to make a little home for our new friends.
The biggest frog we have caught or seen

So every night now the kids want to go frog hunting and are obsessed with them.  Everywhere we go they are looking for frogs.  When we walk out to the car they have to take time to look for frogs.  It took some convincing for Sir to pick them up, now he is the one catching them while Boo is a great hunter. We are strictly catch and release though, catch them and let them go when we are done.
The Frogs we caught tonight

Sir and Boo with their Frogs

Boo checking on the frogs

The Chicken Sean wants

Sir got to meet Mr. McGruff

Looking for Frogs

Continuing to frog hunt

Sir with the frog he caught.

1 comment:

Lori England said...

Isnt it funny how much kids love frogs? They are definatly a favorite at my daycare