| Ashlyn not sure she wants him to go. |
| Stew in front of his School |
My little boy has started Kindergarten at Washington Elementary School. We went in on the 1st and met his teacher, put his supplies away and found his chair. He has a girl from church in his class as well. He is the first Stewart his teacher has ever had. He was so excited to start school and when I dropped
| Stew at his desk getting ready to work |
The First Day
I gave you a wink and smile, as you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave and know your child must stay. You've been with him for five years now and have been a loving guide. But now, alas, the time has come to leave him at my side. Just know that as you drive away and tears down your cheeks may flow. I'll love him as my own and help him learn and grow. For as a parent, I too know how quickly the years do pass. And there was a time not long ago I took my children to their first class. So please put your mind at ease and cry those tears no more. For I will love him and take him in when you leave him at my door.
Enjoy your day. Mrs. Wedar.
She has 2 sets of twins that are older and I really feel like she meant this.
Just as and update the first week of school went very well he loves taking his lunch to school and is very specific on what to put in his lunch. Last week the first 2 days I walked him to his class then the next 2 days I walked him to the common room in the school and he went from there. Today he hopped out of the car and walked into the school all by himself. A bitter-sweet and proud moment for me.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh that poem made me cry. I started Cy in preschool and I cried, too. He had never stayed with anyone except family! But when he sings a song that I don't know or tells me something that he learned at school- I realize how important it is for him. It's such a good thing! But I still cried :) I can't IMAGINE Kindergarten! It'll be here for our little ones before we know it!
And by the way, Ashlyn is absolutely beautiful. Seriously, such a gorgeous girl! And Stew is handsome as always :)
Post a Comment