Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh what fun we have had in 2010

So I admit I have not kept up on this as I had hoped but here is my catchup. I hope you enjoy the pics. I realize why I have not kept as up to date as I would have liked. I have simply been having too much fun. From playing with the kids to seeing animals, trains and ice castles and a trip to each coast. I am grateful that I have been able to do and see so much with my family. We have made some great memories and more to come I am sure of it.
Who knew getting ready for church could be so much fun?
This was taken in late Jan.
Smiley's Playgroup What do you get when you combine 5 boys 4-5 years of age for an hour and a half? Train tracks and racetracks covering every square inch possible. Smiley loves his playgroup even though he is the youngest he still loves playing with the boys whether it is trains, cars, swords or guns. It is always fun sometimes a little chaotic for me but Smiley loves it. Smiley loves his playgroup even though he is the youngest he still loves playing with the boys whether it is trains, cars, swords or guns. It is always fun sometimes a little chaotic for me but Smiley loves it. Our trip to Massachusetts Included a night out with the girls, Thanks Jenn.
Jenn and Boo
Rachael and Boo -- Thanks Rach for letting us come and crash
Erin and Boo -- Thanks Erin for having Boo over to play with Camper. She learned to walk thanks to Camper.
Of course Church.
What's a trip to Massachusetts if I don't go to church, at least not since I have been married.
Thanks Rhonda for letting me enjoy Relief Society Meeting.
Boo fell in love with Rachael's cat Othello and would chase it around the house and then scream when it would look at her. This is our last night there and Boo was used to the cat so no more screaming. Hanging out with the Girls. Rachael and Jenn were and still are my sisters from another mother. These 2 have helped me through some of the really rough spots and helped me to stay focused on what is truly important. Thanks you two you are the best.
Valentine's Day Boo enjoying her Valentine's treat from Mass
Midway Ice Castle... Thanks Patty We went to Midway in late February to see this Ice Castle. I have never seen anything like this before. The guy who built it starts by making Icicles and then using sprinklers and the icicles to form this Ice Castle. Something truly amazing to see a work of art that will only last for under a year.
Amy, Boo and Smiley making our way thru the icy terrain
Amy, Boo, Patty, Smiley and Sean pausing to reflect on the beauty of it all.
I love our little family.
One of Many trips to the Zoo.
Boo loved seeing the animals and would try to climb out of the stroller, through the fences/glass to get to the animals. She would scream with glee anytime one of them looked at her or got a little closer. She is truly an animal lover.
Boo trying to climb the fence to the Kangaroos
Smiley and Boo sharing a ride around the zoo one of their favorite places to visit. We try to go at least once a month sometimes more.
One of the coolest things we have done -- the Train Museum and Train show Smiley and Sean working on the Railroad Boo, Amy and Smiley getting off of the train Smiley and Boo riding in a train just their size Part of the museum housed old cars. Here Amy and Smiley are in front of Smiley's favorite car. He wanted to get in it so bad and drive. Someday when he is older maybe. Sean and Boo in front of a horseless Buggy the kind you see in movies set way back. It was cool to see one in person There was a model Train show going on the day we went and it was cool to see all the different model trains. But this display was by far the most impressive. It is a model train made solely out of legos. The train the town everything was legos. We ended up spending a good bit of time watching the various parts and pieces that were moving. I highly recommend this museum for anyone who has boys or boys at heart. I enjoyed it as much as the boys did. We also got to climb on some of the real trains which was fun as well. An afternoon well spent. Smiley's day out w/ Mom -- Storytime @ the Zoo The zoo was doing a story time/ puppet show with the chance to meet some of the smaller animals. Knowing Smiley's love of animals this was perfect. We went and watched the puppet show then after got to pet a possum. It was a fun day.
Smiley saying Hi to the possum.
Playing outside or inside is always fun As soon as it was warm and dry enough we hit the outdoors for some fun in the sun. Boo loves to swing and play in the sandbox. I have a feeling that we will be outdoors most of the summer.
Whether it is indoors or out these 2 are always great to play with each other.
Visiting Grandma in Cali
Sean and Smiley steering the Queen Mary from the engine room
Our family enjoying the view from the upper deck
Boo playing in the sand
Chasing waves is always fun no matter your age. Notice Sean is as wet if not more than anyone else.
Smiley playing with cousins on the beach at Grandma Morris'
Easter April 4, 2010
Smiley and Boo in their Easter outfits. I couldn't resist getting them new church clothes.
Smiley and Boo were so much fun this Easter. Smiley came in first thing in the morning and said the Easter Bunny came last night I know cause I saw some eggs. So we got up and let them hunt for Easter eggs and their baskets. Smiley would help Boo but was just excited to be hunting for eggs himself. After finding their eggs we headed to Grandpa Woodward's for breakfast and another Easter egg hunt. Followed up by yet another Easter egg hunt at Grandma Reeves' and Dinner. It was a great day for food, family and great counsel from General Conference.
Boo digging thru her basket from Grandma.
Smiley and Boo going thru their candy and stash from the Easter Bunny

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love the pictures :) I think Boo and I have the same color hair...lol.