Sunday, August 23, 2009

It all began 6 years ago today

I can't believe that it has been 6 years since Sean and I knelt across the alter becoming husband and wife. We celebrated this anniversary by spending the weekend in SLC. On Friday we went to a concert in the park downtown and then walked around on Temple Square this was after Sean had stuffed himself on Litza's Pizza thus making himself sick for the rest of the night. We got to sleep in on Saturday then got ready and spent the afternoon in the temple. It was great we got to do sealings along with a session. It was a great reminder of the covenants that we made 6 years ago. Then today we had the opportunity to go to the dedication of the Oquirrah Mountain Temple. What a great weekend. Thanks Mom and Dad for taking great care of our kids so we could go and enjoy the weekend and recommit to our relationship. (Sorry I couldn't figure out how to turn the pictures)
Walking about the temple
Coming out of the temple as newlyweds.
The traditional wedding pic in front of the Jordan River Temple
Princess turned 8 months old today as well. Where has the time gone it feels like just yesterday I was holding her for the first time. She is getting so big and is developing so fast that somedays I wonder where my baby went. She loves her brother and is all smiles usually for him and anyone else. Her latest move is to get on her feet vs knees when she is trying to crawl.
She loves to play with everyone and loves it when her dad gets down to make funny faces for her.
Smiley is right there to get in on the action. Sean tying up Smiley while getting him ready for bed. They love their daddy. This past Tuesday at Thanksgiving Point was $2 Tuesdays so we took the kids to the gardens which are incredible to see even though I don't think I have made it through all the gardens for several years now. It is hard with little ones. Although it was the oldest one of the kids who was throwing the largest tantrum. Both Smiley and Princess enjoyed themselves. Here Princess is eating flower petals that were on the ground. Smiley taking a break before rolling down the hill again. Him and all his cousins had a ton of fun running up and down this hill mixed with the occasional roll down the hill. It was great fun for all the cousins we spent a good hour just letting them play on the hill. Then we went to the secret garden and the kids had a lot of fun playing in this pond. Princess wanted to get in on the action as well, but I had to hold her back. Overall it has been a great week. Very eventful and filled with tons of fun.

1 comment:

Lori England said...

Time flys doesent it. Congradulations! Your baby is growing so fast I am glad to see you spending time with them. It is time we can never get back.