(My Blog I think has been hacked and there were a bunch of pictures that were changed so I am removing them)
On Sunday we needed to get out of the house. So we decided to go for a walk and let Smiley ride his bike. We ended up walking the mile to the Park off the Parkway. Smiley rode the whole way there and back. He enjoyed playing at the park then riding back home. Well for Family Home Evening tonight Sean and Smiley rode down to the park again (it is too hard to keep up with Stew on foot) I met up with them at the park with princess after I had her ready for bed with the thought in mind that we would put Smiley's bike in the car as it was getting late. He insisted on riding his bike back. Close to 4 miles in 2 days. What a trooper.
Last Monday as we were eating breakfast Smiley asked me to get rid of the spider on the screen of the kitchen window. I told him at first that the spider was small and outside so we would leave it alone. He then told me "No mom that big spider." I then looked again from a different angle and this is what I saw. I then explained to him that it was not a spider but a Bat. I proceeded to do dishes and our friend the Bat flew away. (Which I can't say broke my heart.) We are used to seeing bats when on vacation at the lake but this was a first to see one at home.
This week was overall a good week once we got over the hours of melt downs at the first of the week. I am now having to reconsider my disciplining techniques as they are not as effective as they once were. Smiley is making improvements at tumbling, although I am realizing just how shy he can be. Last week was better than this week but it all ended the same way a smile on his face and participating in class. I got a major payday when as we were going over this month's scripture for Primary/ Sunday School which was Matthew 16:19 it says "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. " On about Thursday Smiley started saying it by himself the whole thing. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. We had started working on the scripture when he was asked to say the scripture and prayer in church. He got to where he wanted to go over it every night before he went to bed. I figured that he would memorize a couple of phrases but not the whole thing. The other payday was on Sunday when we went to the primary president's home and he said it for her even though he was a little on the shy side. I was so proud!!!
Princess is getting closer to crawling. Today I caught her on her feet and hands. Yes I said feet. I wish I would have had my camera. My quest this week is to catch her current scoot crawl roll. Which is quite amazing to see. She can cover a good length in a very short time. I will set her down and walk across the room and the next thing I know she is under my feet. She still loves the bath especially now that she is sitting and playing with the boats.
Hope everyone has a good week
3 comments:
What perfect paydays! It looks like you guys have had a fun summer!
That bat would've FREAKED ME OUT. Big spider. I should say so! Tell Smiley how proud of him we are :)
I am suprised you left the bat alone. My first thought would of been to kill it then the secound would be to catch it and show my daycare kids.
I love all the pictures. Your babe is so big. I like your hair!
Post a Comment