Sunday, June 14, 2009

Another Chapter is finished

What a bitter sweet week this has been. I'll start with the bitter ending with the sweet. * The kids got off their schedules on Wed and we are still trying to get them back on. I must say though we have enjoyed the visits with family. Smiley loves being able to see his cousins a couple times of week. *The other bitter yet sweet thing is the fact that we are no longer home owners. Yep that is right we sold the house on Friday handing the keys to the next family who will enjoy the house as their home. It is amazing to me still that a year ago we were getting few calls on the house and yet this year for the 2 months that the house was for sale especially this past month we were getting a minimum of 3 calls a week. Not only that it sold in 2 months in a "declining market" was it meant to be, the right time or a full on blessing from the Lord. I know what it is for me. For me it is a manifestation of the love that the Lord has for me and my small family. So the home I built to live and raise my family moving in just in time to welcome our first child is now home for another family. I am grateful that the Lord allowed me to care for that part of his vineyard for the past couple of years. So it ended up not being where we will raise our family but we learned a lot and in the end were greatly blessed. So what next? We don't know yet. We feel that we need to stay put for the next couple of years with my parents. Even in that we are blessed. The same day we sold the house the kitchen was finished so now we have our own little apartment kind of. Not only do we have a place to live, Sean received a job offer as well. Things are falling into place once again and I am learning that when we allow the Lord to direct our lives things always work out maybe not in the way we want them or the time frame we want but in the end things work out. A year ago we were praying for our house to sell so we could get a house in New England where Sean was working. When I finally was willing to heed the promptings of the spirit and rent out our home vs selling things fell into place and continued to fall into place up 'til the time we were moving back due to the lose of his job. Once again things fell into place quickly. We are getting settled once again. On a lighter note Princess has been eating for a couple weeks now. This week I started giving her fruit with her cereal in the morning. One morning Sean walked up and saw what I was feeding her and asked if he could have some it was a blend of apples and bananas I think. I kept telling him that he didn't and he insisted that he did. So I dipped her spoon into the cup of cereal/fruit got a spoonful of mainly cereal and granted his request. I am dying of laughter just thinking about it. His face was priceless. He asked me why it was warm and what it was. I then told him that it was her cereal with a little bit of fruit as that is what she gets for breakfast needless to say he was upset and told me I was asking for it. I told him that in fact he was the one that was asking for it despite me telling him he really didn't want it. I don't know if I can do his face justice but I will try. Imagine a little kid trying a lemon or lime for the first time, that was Sean's facial expression. All in all a good week. This week we are going to Lake Powell on Wed. and Sean finishes his first class as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are looking up and falling in place. Have a good vacation!

Jeanerbee said...

That's so great to hear! It is amazing how things do "work out" as people say when we let the Lord lead.

Erin said...

I'm so excited your house sold! It's so funny how we want something to happen for so long, and when it finally does we realize that the timing was exactly what it was meant to be. I miss you guys!

Lori England said...

When you look back at the hard times in your life you can always see where the Lord blessed you. It would be easier to get through the hard times if you could see the Lord walking beside you.