Sunday, June 7, 2009
The First week of June
Yeah!!! I am finally getting back into a routine that includes doing some of the things that I enjoy. Although I can't believe that the first week of June is already behind us.
This week ended up being a good week a really good week for the most part. I finally have both my kids in a bedtime routine which has them both in bed and usually asleep between 8 & 8:30pm. Which means that I get a few hours of peace and quiet at night which I must say I am loving. The routine is we eat dinner usually between 5:30 and 6 although we don't finish until after 6:30pm leaving time for Smiley to pick up his toys and room. Then 7pm I put Princess in the bath for her nightly swim followed by Smiley we get jammies on then go in and Smiley picks out stories (on the nights I am really on top of things we read a couple verses of scripture) then we read some nights Princess sits with us others she lays in the crib while I read followed by I am a Child of God and prayers. Then I feed Princess and but her in bed as well. Leaving me time to get things done that I either didn't get to during the day or projects that have been put on back burners. If I were smart I would then get ready for bed myself but I don't. I am usually up 'til 11pm some nights later. Princess gets up at 4am to eat and Smiley is back in the habit of getting up and coming and getting in bed with us sometimes it is not until 4 or 5 am but most nights I just find him there.
Funny Story: The other night I was really tired (after a couple of hard nights) forgotten that I had already been up with Princess and put her in bed with us to eat then fallen back to sleep. I bumped Sean and asked him if he would go put Smiley back in his bed. After feeling around for a minute he tells me Smiley is not in bed with us that it is Princess. So I finally wake up enough to put her back in her crib. I couldn't believe that I had forgotten that I put her in bed with us. For those of you who may be questioning how I can feel safe sleeping with my kids? My answer is I know that they are there as usually they are laying on one of my arms cuddled into my chest. I had mistaken which kid it was as usually Princess' body is right next to mine and this particular night I could only feel her head in my ribs which is more typical for Smiley.
Well enough talk about bed here is our week in review:
Sunday last we celebrated my Sister's 29th birthday which was actually on Tuesday. Wednesday I cleaned house which is typical. Sean wasn't feeling well on Thursday but still made it to school. I cleaned the patio of Thursday and filled Smiley's Basketball hoops base with water so it is more steady. Saturday we went to Thanksgiving Point to the Dinosaur Museum as a family and then Me & Princess went to a Bridal Shower for my cousin's fiance'. Later Saturday evening Sean and B Girl went to the REAL (pro soccer team) game which was followed by a mini-concert by David Archuletta. They had a lot of fun. While I helped watch my sister's boys so she could take Cousin K to the ER as she ran into a moving car earlier in the day. She is ok just a superficial wound that will take time to heal. I finally ordered rings to make a couple of ring slings. I got those later in the week and took the time Saturday Evening to make my first sling. After 2 broken needles I completed the first one although I need to cut about 1.5 to 2 feet of fabric off the tail. I am glad I have it again it came in handy this morning as Princess was fussy and we were crunched for time and needed to be getting ready to go to Cousin B's blessing. I put her in the sling and after a few minutes she was sleeping soundly :) Oh the things I will be able to get done now.
Today has been a easy going day, something that I am hoping to have more of. Sean was great help with the kids. I started off the morning in a whirlwind but the storm subsided as we went to church with my sister for the blessing followed by lunch and family time at her home. Smiley loves playing with his cousins and spent the afternoon outside in the sandbox with Cousins J & KD both are 5 and he loves playing with both of them. He was covered from head to toe in sand and dirt but he had fun and his clothes will wash. We came home, the kids and Sean took a nap while I sewed the binding on Princess' quilt. Smiley had some cookies and hung out with dad for a little bit followed by bath and bedtime routine. Overall a great Sunday. I found out today as well that the rest of the cabinets are coming by weeks end. Yeah!!!
More pictures from this week are on the kids blog. Email me if you want the link
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm glad you made your sling! Your bedtime routine sounds great ... we need to get back on schedule here too... and Thanksgiving Point sounds fun!!!
Post a Comment