Thursday, April 9, 2009

Favorite Idea Blogs and websites

Having the pleasure to live far from family for a short period of time made me search the internet and find sites that would help me to be a better mom and fulfill my church callings by pulling from others ideas. Whether it was for an enrichment activity or just trying to find creative ways to help my son learn his ABC's and 123's. I thought I would take a minute and share a few of them with you. First for enrichment ideas I would go to the following: www.sugardoodle.net Not only did it have great helps for Relief Society Activities but also the other organizations as well. I also like this site for finding fun ideas and activities that our family can do. Like at General Conference time they have a packet you can make for your kids along with other ideas to keep your kids quiet and eventually engaged in Conference. Another site that I like to go to for help in teaching Smiley is www.dltk-kids.com It is filled with activities to help kids learn along with printables, songs, stories and crafts for not only the ABC's but also for the seasons, holidays, animals etc. If you have toddlers and younger children this site is a must. These are my 2 faves so far. One of my friends started a Baby (and BIG KID) Book club that is a bunch of moms who share books that they have read and enjoy reading to their kids. The next time you are headed to the library check out this site and if you have a book you think would be great to share go to this blog: babybookclub.blogspot.com That's all for now.

2 comments:

Lori England said...

That is great! I am always looking for new ideas to teach my kids at daycare. Keep passing on the good ones!

Lori England said...

I am on face book. Dennis? I will look for you. I would love to see what Dennis is up too. I would also like to fine Dave Hill. Remember him? Our fhe dad. I did not drive Matt did I just sat there watching for deer (like we would of had time to stop).