Seeing how I have been a real slacker in updating the blog. Here is a quick look at the last two months. January was spent packing again followed by moving the last week of January. Princess started primary which has been full of tears followed by smiles. We found out that Sir is allergic to cashews at least but will keep him from all tree nuts for right now. I am working on getting pictures but may have to wait until later this week when I get my computer.
We replaced the Durango a couple of weeks ago due to major engine problems. We got stranded for a day in Fargo first part of January, lucky for us it was only a day even though the car broke as we went to drive home, the mechanic got it right in and fixed so we could leave right from the shop. It worked for a couple more days before it broke again and Sean said no more. It took a month but we were able to find a replacement that we felt good about and was in our price range. The kids really like the new car but want to keep it a surprise so I won't be saying much more about it and no pics yet. Sean changed jobs at the beginning of the year and is really enjoying his new job he works a lot of hours but the pay is worth it. We feel that we are where we can put down some roots and stay awhile. 8 years of marriage 8 moves 3 states I think we are ready to start really settling down(knock on wood). We are hoping to get things cleared up so we can get into a house by the end of the year in the meantime we are enjoying our new apt there are plenty of kids to play with and several who share our beliefs close by along with some of our closest friends. I have been blessed to be able to go to the temple every month so far in 2012 thanks to others in the ward being willing to watch the kids for everyone else. Our turn is coming and I look forward to providing that service for those who are going. Yesterday was ward temple day again and we went afterwards with our close friends the Noel's to Texas Roadhouse the only place to get a decent stake in ND. Then Jaymie and I went shopping while Sean & Mark headed home with the kids. It was a lot of fun. I am truly grateful for the great friends we have made here, they are our family in so many ways since our families are so far away. I was talking to another sister in the ward this past week who just moved here from her family and she was saying how she didn't know a lot of people yet. Thanks to the gospel though that will quickly change. I know it would be a lot more difficult without the gospel to move far frm home. Someone told me recently that LDS people have a lot easier time adapting to big moves and doing so cheerfully. I can't remember if it was someone from the military or who it was but I believe it.
1 comment:
Glad to see you finally update your blog. Now I need to see some pics of those cute kids and your new ride. Sounds like you guys are doing great and that you really enjoy your new apartment and ward. We miss you all and can't wait to see you.
Post a Comment