Thursday, October 13, 2011

6 years and Counting!!!

Stew's First Cry

Just lookin' at Momma
6 years ago today I was blessed to deliver a healthy, happy baby boy named Stewart.  In a lot of ways it doesn't seem like it has been 6 years, but as he grows it is great to see how he is becoming who he will be.  He is still healthy, still very happy and fills our home with laughter and tears (mainly from his sister).  He is doing well in school after kind of a rough start.  This year I asked him if he wanted a Birthday Party and what kind.  He said he wanted to take his friends fishing for his party.  He would ride with Dad and his friends and Ashlyn & I could follow them.  Due to a lack of fishing supplies I told him that we couldn't do that so he wants to go fishing with his dad for his birthday.

As far as presents went he wanted a fishing pole, tackle box and some spoons (fishing lure), which thanks to Grandma & pa Bowen and Grandpa & ma Reeves he got.  I had to take him to the store to look at toys and pick some out that he wanted.  He picked out 3 and then I got him one.  He choose a nerf bow & arrow (didn't get it due to lack of space to play with it) a RC Monster Truck (which he said in passing) and then he stopped and played with a Batman car because of his interest in this that is what he got.  He got some clothes, a lego set and a game.  Ashlyn picked a couple toys at the dollar store to give him as well.

For Food:  Sean brought home a couple of cinnamon rolls for breakfast, we picked Stew up for lunch and let him choose where he wanted to eat - Denny's he loves their chocolate chip pancakes.  For dinner: he wanted to have pizza and the missionaries came and ate with us which is always a treat for the kids.  They love to have them here.  Stew wanted a Spiderman cake and after much searching for a character pan with no luck I did my best with what I had.  He loved it and that is what counts.

After school Stew hurried into the house so he could put his tackle box together and get his pole ready.  If the weather is decent tomorrow we will pull him out of school for a half day so he can go fish with his dad.
 PS my kids have played with my new camera, guess it is time to pull out the owners manual and see if I can fix the settings on it.

3 comments:

Amanda Wells said...

Happy birthday stew!!! Sounds like you had a great day, sorry I'm such a slacker, but your present is in the mail. Love and miss you guys.

Alisa said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you were able to catch some big fish!!

Adam said...

Hope you had a happy birthday Stew. How big was the one that got away?