Monday, August 1, 2011

Blessings, Blessings, Blessings

Still no pictures - which I apologize for but they will be on my facebook page tomorrow.

I know I have mentioned in my last blogs how blessed I feel but the blessings keep coming.  We are still with the Knutson's who have turned out to be a perfect fit.  They are so kind and generous.  They are great examples in so many ways I am learning so much it is great.  They have a strong faith in Christ which comes through in the way they live their life.  We are able to talk about anything and everything in a comfortable and relaxing way.  This evening Sean and I went looking for a home when we got back Scott was home from work and we got talking to him and Shannon the next thing we knew it was 9:30 the kids had not had dinner.  They quit playing long enough to sit down to eat.  It wasn't that they hadn't had the chance to eat they were just busy playing.  Sir and Boo were playing with their daughter Princess S.  We just laughed fed the kids and put them to bed.  The kids are such great playmates all day if Sir isn't here or if Princess isn't here the other is asking nonstop for the other.  There are times when they need a break like all kids.  Sean and I were talking about how nice it is to be in a home with people who live their religion and love our savior.

Our apartment won't be ready until the 8th or 9th of August but our rent will include utilities and a 2 car garage and the school that Sir will be going to is one that was not hit by the flood.  But right now is an opportune time to be looking for a house because you can drive by most homes to see whether or not they have been flooded.  Due to the unknown we will be avoiding those that have been flooded.  Also we can tell if there has been water on any of the lots we are considering.  In one of the trailer parks we drove by today there was a trailer home that was on its side.  Most of the trailers looked like they had been abandoned and I don't know how you would clean them out as we rip out everything down to the studs. 

Right now we go to church for sacrament only and both wards meet together and there are no other meetings.  They do have a sacrament meeting at 7am for a half an hour before all the crews from out of town and those here in Minot go out to work.  The church has been asked by 770 families for help and of those we have completed work on 220 homes.  They asked that as many of us as possible come and help for the next 2 weekends.  I didn't go today or yesterday as I stepped on a nail last week and Sean asked that I get a tetanus shot before going out again.  It is such a great blessing to be able to go into these homes and realize just how blessed we are.  Had we gotten the job early this spring, we would've been here during the flooding and probably would've been affected by the flooding.  Even though I am not a very patient person the Lord blessed me with enough patience to wait to get the job.  He even blessed Sean with enough endurance to stick out his previous job until this job came along.  I am truly amazed when I am willing to look for and at the blessings that Heavenly Father has given me and my family it is overwhelming and amazing.  I just need to have faith and trust that things will continue to fall into place. 

More next week and pictures to be added later in August.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I am so glad that you are guys are enjoying yourselfs!!