Wednesday, April 15, 2009

On the road again.

Since things have changed for us so drastically in such a short time we have had to make changes to our vacation west. Originally we were starting our month home today but that was adjusted so that I could be home for Granddad R's funeral. So we decided that I would just stay for an extra month and we would continue with our trip as planned which included a trip to Grandma and pa Morris' for about a week late April beginning of May, Gma&pa Morris live in Cali. Another change took place about 9 days following the funeral when we lost our employ which meant we will be heading east again much earlier. So we moved our trip to Cali up and are now enjoying the beautiful warm yet windy weather in Cali. Yep that is right we packed Sunday night hoped in the car Monday morn about 8am and arrived in Cali around 8:30 pm. Which is about 12.5 hours of driving in the car straight with several pott and feeding stops. Not bad for traveling with a newborn. We are truly blessed with kids who do well traveling in the car. Princess slept most the way and Smiley watched Monsters Inc. a couple of times along with a couple other Disney shows. Needless to say neither Sean or I slept much on the drive which meant that we both collapsed into bed last night only to be awakened in the first 1/2 hour by Princess who was screaming - odd- After an hour she finally fell back to sleep in my arms which lasted again for maybe 1/2 hr before she was screaming again - very odd. Princess usually doesn't cry unless she is hungry - she wanted nothing to do with nursing- has a dirty diaper - changed the diap - or she is tired - she would not settle down enough not even with mommies special rock step move that always works well until last night. Sean was great though and got up with her so I could sleep. I believe in all she was up until almost 1am when she finally collapsed after having a warm bath. After this crying spell though she was out until about 7am - Thank You Heavenly Father - but when she woke this morning she was really congested and warm to the touch -even after being fully unclothed. When I finally got her to a doctor today again Thanks goes to Sean, She has a ear infection and is fighting a cold. They gave her a shot and she will get another on Thurs : ( We topped today off with a trip to the beach where Smiley had fun chasing the waves then running from them and falling into the sand.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

You have been busy!

Lori England said...

How fun! I love easter dresses. I am jelouse you are enjoying sunny weather. Oh i am sorry that you have to deal with ear problems so early. Both of my kids had ear problems and Ty who is 7 still strugles. So all the luck in the world.