
Today was the monthly Linger Longer following church. The second counselor in the Bishopric Bro. Flipse is the GM of Old Country Buffet. Today we had Taco Salad or Loaded Nachos with Rice Krispies Treats for dessert. It makes for a long day at church but the upside is that I don't have to cook anything and we can all come home and relax.

After some relaxing then we make our traditional Sunday dinner which is popcorn and Orange Julius. This is a tradition from my youth. On Sundays mom would airpop popcorn and make Orange Julius and we would sit down as a family and watch either the Disney Sunday Night Movie or Hallmark Movie which ever was on that night. A month ago when I was craving Orange Julius and not really in the mood to cook dinner I made this meal. Sean asked why and I gave him the previous explanation.

He liked the idea and since every Sunday he asks if we are having Orange Julius and Popcorn for Dinner. Another tradition that we have is that Monday nights we have Breakfast which changes every week but we have some form of Breakfast. It makes it so that I don't have to put a lot of thought into what to cook 2 nights out of the week. That I find is more than half the battle in getting dinner on the table. The rest of the nights I sit down either some time on Sunday or Monday and plan out dinners for the remainder of the week even though there are nights that get swapped during the week. Some of our other favorites are: Tater Tot Casserole, Bowtie Chicken Salad, Homemade chicken Nuggets, Tacos and More Breakfast.

I don't know why I turned this post into all about dinner and food but I guess that is the memories I want to remember as I always looked forward to Sunday nights as a kid when we would gather to watch a show and eat popcorn while enjoying Orange Julius.
Since this ended up being about food I need some input/help. On St. Patty's day I am having dinner for the missionaries and a couple of others and was wanting to do Green dinner. We are having Green Jello with Carrots, Broccolli but I having a hard time coming up with the main dish so if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.
The pictures in the blog are as follows Smiley holding Princess after the show, then our smiley princess followed by Smiley eating a grape, and Sean threatening me not to take his picture and then telling me that I was not allowed to post it so of course I had to post it. I love you, Sean!
Oh and one last thing. On Sunday or sometime during the week I will talk to Rachael who is the Primary Pres. who will tell me how cute Smiley is during primary. Last week he forgot his scriptures when he left primary and came running back frantically looking for them. This week he got to participate during Sharing time and Rachael was telling me she wished she had a camera because Smiley had a Mad Hatter hat on and looked so cute. I might have to borrow the hat and get a picture of it.
2 comments:
Speaking of memories and St Patricks day. I would recommend green eggs for the missionaries. The best thing about feeding the missionaries is that whatever they feed them they will smile and eat it.
All I can think is green eggs. My mom use to make green aligator bread.
Post a Comment