Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Happy St. Patty's Day
So Sean & I were surprised by the lack of people who actually were wearing green today. Most of those who are from here especially adults were not wearing green even a good majority of the kids at storytime. I realized how much I love St. Patty's day as I was making our green dinner and made sure that me and my kids were all in green. I should've taken some pics but no such luck.
For dinner tonight we had Green jello w/ carrots in the shape of Dinos, Green Salad with Green Ranch Dressing, Chicken Rolls w/ green bread, Key Lime Bars, and Sprite mixed with Lemon Lime Gatorade. I was hoping to find Green Kool-Aid ie Lime flavored or Limeade but could not find any today. The biggest drawback to dinner was that I was really off in my timing so we didn't sit down to eat until 7:45pm . One of these days I will better understand how to time making things for dinner and know what needs and can be done ahead of time, ie the jello I could've made either last night or even on Sunday.
Overall it was a good day. Being that it is Tuesday means that we left the house around 8:15 for Toddler fit followed by a drive up the canyon then Storytime followed by pizza at Betty's. Next week if the weather holds we will be staying at the Community center so Smiley can play on the playground. Yep that is correct it has been in the 50's for a couple days meaning that most of the snow is melted in the front of the house and throughout the city but we still have a good 6" in the backyard. If you are wondering about the Lake it is still frozen and people are still driving their trucks out onto it. On saturday & Sunday both there were at least a half dozen trucks on the lake. Call me crazy but with most of the snow gone and the temp being in the mid 50's for several days common sense says not to drive on the ice as most of it is probably melted. Maybe my common sense is a little off.
Anyway Thanks for the suggestions for green eggs but yeah I just couldn't do that to myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If you want to see a town CRAZY about St. Patty's day, it's Scranton, PA! (Yes, as in the Office.) When I went to school there half the people were Irish, the other half were Italian, and the mix made for quite a party. They have a huge outdoor party in the town square and a parade, and they make green EVERYTHING. It used to be a good time.
Post a Comment