Sunday, December 27, 2009

What a December to Remember

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I have still yet to get Christmas letters in the Mail so if you did not receive on via email and would like one let me know and I will get you one. I apologize but this year I ended up needing to send most of the letters via email. It really has been a December full of fun, joy and a lot of emotions. Here are some of the highlights.
  • Princess turned 1 on the 23rd we celebrated by cutting her hair.
  • Lots of family parties to celebrate Christmas.
  • Smiley participated in his first Christmas program put on by the preschool.
  • Sean completed another course with a A. He is working on getting on the President's List which is a 4.0 GPA
  • We celebrated Christmas all month long.
  • Saw Santa several times and went and saw the lights at Temple square twice and Thanksgiving Point once.
  • We mourned with those that mourn for a child lost just before birth.
I love this time of year when we get to see family and loved ones so often. If you would have asked me a year ago what I thought the next year would bring. I would not have even come close to what it brought. It was a year ago today that I took my little princess home for the first time and looking back on the past year I can't believe she is already one she has grown so much and is a pure delight to have in our home. She is definitely a little girl and loves her dolls. She isn't walking yet but I think it is only a matter of when she decides to. She is happy and loving and not afraid of anyone. Her favorite word is "Hi" which she said to the doctor the other day and he was in shock because it sounded like "hi" She has dropped on the growth charts the reason being the only time she stops is when she is asleep or eating. Otherwise she is on the go. We love her and Smiley very much and know we have been greatly blessed with great kids. Hope Everyone had a very Merry Christmas and heres wishing you a Happy New Year

2 comments:

Lori England said...

Sounds like a great year. Except for the mourning. Sorry for who ever who had to go through that!

Jeanerbee said...

I can't believe she is ONE! This year has been crazy full, hasn't it? Did you end up going out to MA for the memorial service? I hope to hear how things went.... miss you guys!